Checking interest for a benefit cook in San Diego end of next april

vesteroid

Guys,

There is an event each april that marks the kick off of the thru hiking season for Pacific Crest Trail hikers each Year. These crazy folks walk non stop from Mexico, to Canada and they all start in Lake Marena State park each year in the last weekend of April.

Right now most of the group who has survived the huge snows this year are somewhere between Lake Tahoe and the oregon border and still pressing on. I have been hiking with them, on occasion and following their progress with great interest.

I have gotten involved in the community and the question was raised to me, if I could figure out a way to do a real BBQ cook for them at the kick off next year.

I wanted to see if anyone in the area would be willing to particiapte as well. The group gets pretty sizable so we may be cooking for 400. Obviously I would need a lot of cookers.

They can supply the food, people to help serve, shred, all that, they would just need us to cook.

We could roll in on friday night and do our cooks for saturday night dinner.

I know this is a long shot, but I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to help with this. I can say this is a great bunch of people, and the community is one I am proud to be part of. All in all, one of the best group of people I haver ever met.

Anyway if this is a possiblity for you, please shoot me a PM and let me know. They are in the planning stages now and we need to figure out if this is even possible.

Top Bottom