Chicken on the Hasty Bake

jimsbarbecue

Marinade in the Marinade Express then on the Hasty Bake at 250º until the internal cook temp of 160º. this is with the Firebox in the low position and the heat deflector on. Once the chicken reaches the desired temp. we Raise the firebox to the top and cook the chicken 5 minutes on each side.
The marinade is the one all the Hispanic stores carry, many different brand names.We marinade the entire package of thighs from Sams Club. Cook what we need for the day freeze the rest.

DSC03827-X2.jpg

DSC03828-X2.jpg

Here are some ribs and a turkey breast we cooked on the Ole Hickory Pits Ace BP, which is our favorite charcoal smoker/cooker we have ever used. Cook temp 225º

DSC03826-X2.jpg

DSC03824-X2.jpg

DSC03825-X2.jpg

So Cal Smoker

Jim the turkey breast and ribs look amazing. I'm surprised at the low cook temp (225) I am under the impression *275 is the magic number. Please take me to school Jim.
Thanks
Bill

jimsbarbecue

BP is right on. I did know that to start with because we purchased ours from Big Poppa Smokers. It also cooks in less time then other cookers.
We are Ole Hickory Pits owners for life! It holds a ton of food and is just as good cooking a few pieces.

TentHunter

Man Jim, everything looks amazing. The skin on that chicken looks perfect. You can never have enough perfectly cooked chicken skin! :cool:

Top Bottom