Chicken Under a Brick

Susan

I decided to semi-retire the ancient red Weber and fire up the new one that's been sitting under cover for a while. Spatchcock chicken under a brick with Dijon Mustard and Maple syrup under the skin and rubbed with smoked paprika, salt and pepper.

002.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

007.jpg

sparky

really nice chicken susan. how did it taste w/ the dijon and syrup? great color to it. what kind of pellets?

Susan

Cherry pellets. Thanks for the compliments. I'm about ready to make dinner so I'll let you know how it tastes.

Susan

Chicken was very good but a tad over cooked. It seems there will be a bit of a learning curve on the new Weber. The combo of Dijon and Maple syrup is light but tasty. The cherry pellets are the bomb! Since being introduced to this forum and learning how to spatchcock a chicken, it's my favorite thing to cook. Just salt and pepper makes the bird taste delightful.

ACW3

I like it! The flavors you used were interesting. Not too heavy on the flavor profile. Sometimes I need to tone down the flavor profile for my wife. She thinks I make everything too spicey. Guilty as charged. I like spicey.

Art

Susan

I love playing with chicken because it can take a lot of spice or be delicious with just some light seasoning. Today I cooked down the carcass with carrots, celery, parsely, tomatoes, salt, pepper and a some red pepper flakes. I let it simmer for hours and have some awesome stock in the freezer.

Top Bottom