Cooking all Weekend

Lost my driving priveledges again. Not legal issues, vision issues. So I was home all weekend solo, with no one to stop me so...

Friday night Steelhead Trout. It was a balmy 7 deg. so I got started.

This is becoming my favorite fish. Nice texture and mild flavor. It is really good on the grill. Lightly seasoned with EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic powder, a little grated parm, and a little lemon juice.

Onto the Pro at 400 deg.

Plated with sauteed spinach and tomatoes and rice for some starch.

Saturday it was ribs.
Baby backs rubbed the night before, on the grill 230 deg for the first 3 hrs.

this will give me time to take the dog for a snowshoe around the wetland out back.

After the 2 hr. foil and glazed with sauce.

Asparagus, and stuffed mushrooms for sides. EVOO salt pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, and grated parm. I chopped up some of the mushroom stems with crushed saltines minced garlic, blue cheese, and a touch of mayo.

On the Pro at 359 deg. while the ribs are resting in the cooler. These sides will only take 10-12 min.

A nd the finished product.
For the game on Sunday it was chicken wings. On the grill at 350 deg.. I will mop some sauce on them abouit half way through.

Served half with Sweet Baby Ray's, and half with buffalo sauce.

The wings were better than the game. I was pulling for the Broncos. Poor Peyton. Not all was lost. Mrs. HTS and I had 8 and 3 for the final on the board.

HTS
Greg

All that food looks Great. I'm a little old fashioned but I still like Old Bay on my salmon. Those ribs, wings and especially those mushrooms are making me hungry!

I was pulling for Peyton as well. If he would've had some protection from his offensive line, it would've been a different story. Seahawks Defense just looked like they wanted it more. After that safety, they were already in a different mind set.

Great cook!

TentHunter

Nice pile-o-wings there Greg!

Everything looks good. I'll have to keep that salmon recipe in mind (minus the Parmesan).

Xylosmoke

That's some good lookin grub, Greg!

7*!! That's way too cold for this desert rat!

You all may freeze before this winter is over in the in the icy north, but it looks like you won't starve anyway...:)

Top Bottom