Cooking in the cold. How do you adjust?

EEman

A while back I posted a question about choosing a MAK or a Memphis smoker. I got a lot of useful responses, but no one mentioned the fact that the Memphis is insulated. I did not see any responses in this thread from Memphis owners, but it seems like the insulation would be a good thing. I definitely want to be able to use my smoker in cold weather and that could influence my choice when I purchase.

Ed Brady
Colorado Springs

Trooper

This is my present winter set up (last years photo, obviously)
DSCN0191-1.jpg

I do not use blankets or bricks. I feel that the wind is the big killer and this simple set up under my patio does the job just fine. I may add some small sides - 4' or so later this month.

Trooper

Looks good Trooper. How do you like your new thermapen? Mine is red and is great working with thin meat.
Pretty snappy, eh? I love it.
I was close to ordering my first 'pen when the offer came out on this very limited edition unit. Offer also included a small contribution (9 bucks) to the Wounded Warrior Fund. The unit also come with certification indicating that this model is faster and more accurate than any previous models/colors!! EH? :rolleyes:

roburado

This is my present winter set up (last years photo, obviously)
DSCN0191-1.jpg

I do not use blankets or bricks. I feel that the wind is the big killer and this simple set up under my patio does the job just fine. I may add some small sides - 4' or so later this month.

Cool. Thanks!

Top Bottom