Current Hasty Bake owner considering Pellet Grill

Marquez

Hello everyone,

First, BIG Thanks to the host of this site! It is a huge resource of excellent first hand knowledge. I have learned a great deal while lurking, and hope to now (maybe) contribute.

I made my transition from propane, to natural gas, then to charcoal. In my current stable is a natural gas Alfresco grill, a Hasty Bake Continental 83, a Weber Performer, and a perforated stainless steel tube smoker accessory.

I am seriously considering replacing all of them with a pellet grill.

We have the Alfresco for its ease of use. While my wife is a terrific griller, she has little interest in starting charcoal.

On the other hand, I love the taste of a grilled steak that so far I've only gotten from a charcoal grill.

Finally, I would love to be able to continue to cold smoke and smoke meats as well.

We have a small family of four, but we like to entertain upwards of 14-20 people at a time. Main focus is steakhouse type of grilling, and then 2nd focus is low and slow smoking. It has to be as simple to operate as a gas grill, but yet give the taste and performance of charcoal. Tall order indeed!

I am happy with my current collection of outdoor cooking tools. But I have a growing obsession in finding one cooker that does it all.

There is a market near me that has a pellet grill being used as a smoker right near its entrance, and everytime I go there it continuously triggers my desire for one just like it.

Advice?

Thanks

jimsbarbecue

We have pellet grills and a Hasty Bake. We like them both. No pellet grill we give you what a Hasty Bake can do with the ability to raise the coals and really sear the food. The pellet grill can do a lot like low smoking that the Hasty Bake is not its strong suit. What I am trying to say is one cannot take the place of the other. Together they are a great combo.

Marquez

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and sage advice.

I will continue to read the perspectives and posts here, hoping to gain some insight while I ponder my options.

JessieBPS

I agree with what a lot of others have said. There is no one cooker that does it all, but having a Hasty Bake and a pellet cooker seems like the best of both worlds to me!

Top Bottom