Cust service 10 star

fishingbouchman

Went to cook some jerkey and the mak would not ignite :( Igniter went out. Called and mak has one on the way. Another very happy customer. Love the mak and all that comes with it.

TentHunter

When the get the replacement, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to replace.

In the mean time, start the grill with a handful of pellets in the hopper and a blow torch.

scooter

If you don't have a propane torch, some alcohol gel fire starter will do in a pinch but the torch is the best method.

TrickyDick

I did some fajitas yesterday with chicken breasts (thin) thought I'd put them in during heat up on the 4 star opposite side on a grate, while the flame zone was heating up on the opposite side ( left pot w/smoke) mode.

Hopper was empty and added about a half cup mesquite flavor pellets and topped with charcoal pellets to hoppers to get. Some good mesquite smoke going, the left pot had trouble and got a Flame Out. I had literally just cleaned the fire pots before this session. This is the first FO I've had. When looking through the grid by front fan, looked like fire was going but the flame icon on the LCD display was blinking, indicating no fire. Strange.. I switched to smoke dual pots, and waited for flame icon to stay lit, no blinking, then switched back to 450. Ended up working OK. i an just wondering if it was the 100% Msquite flavor wood...

TD

MAK DADDY

Its possible, we do not recommend using the 100% flavor wood because it is extremely hard for the auger to snap. Also the charcoal pellets burn at a really low BTU. It could have bound up long enough to cause you fire to get a late start and a flame out. Also you mentioned that one hopper was empty, if the tube was not charged with pellets it may have just taken too long to ignite causing the flame out. If you see is again let us know, the 4 Star works differently than the 1 and 2 with an actual flame sensor inside the fire pot for detection.

fishingbouchman

What is this
B699AE1B-8847-4822-AEB9-84B4B6FCF8FC-6483-000003D4024DB226_zpse62be33b.jpg

Already here??
4615D588-B5E6-402E-AE70-A4DF31D9B93C-6483-000003D3F5DF4DB7_zps6cd2edc7.jpg

Too quick of service. Now I feel bad I can't install it until Sunday. Darn work. Mother-n-law even was impressed it already showed up.

Thanks again for the quick turn around and help. ;)

Carter13

I don't know what the chances are but this happend to me an hour ago and I too was doing jerky.
I'll be calling Mak shortly.

Carter13

Fish,
Definately a trend going on. The planets must be off kilter.
Mak took care of me. I have my original covered by the warranty and I bought a spare so next time I am not SOL.
I have my 1 Star located under our side porch and the plug is not a GFI. It blew the fuse and I replaced it and got it relit with a butane torch but with our low temps this morning by the time I got it all reassembled it went into reignite and blew the fuse again.
Jerky is in the dehydrator without any smoke flavor.

MAK DADDY

Unplug your igniter from the pellet boss and then manually light until the new arrives, this will keep your fuse from blowing :)

Top Bottom