Debris in my pellets

Daz

Hi all. Long time since I've been here. This morning I replaced the igniter on my Mak 2 star. I put it all back together and my auger wouldn't rotate. Hmmmm? I took it back apart and made sure everything was plugged in correctly. I fired it up and still no pellets feeding to the pot. So, I emptied the hopper. I found a drywall screw jamming the auger.
My first thought was one of my kids might have done this. But now I don't think so. My wife filled the hopper this morning out of an unopened bag. We keep our pellets in our pantry.
Do other people find crap in their pellets? This is the first time this has happened. If I found a drywall screw in my pellets, does this mean they use scrap wood? Maybe this is normal. I'm not going to say I won't buy from these people again, because I know SH*T happens. But I may think twice about it.
I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas, enjoy your friends and family, because that is what really matters. Daz

mcschlotz

If it were me, I would NEVER use that manufacturer's product again and would let them know why.... JMTC :)
Never had the problem with debris (except for the on going dust residue) from my main source i.e. BBQ Delight.

Matt

TentHunter

I've never heard of that happening before. Kind of scary.

I would, at the very least, contact the supplier and let them know what you found.

Daz

That's what I thought. I guess there is a first (and hopefully last) time for everything. I'm just glad nothing broke because of this. I do love my 2 Star. Thanks, I'm gonna drop them an email.

Top Bottom