Deb's Thanksgiving thread

KyNola

Gotta love the "because I can".

Deb, you're making the rest of us look really bad! Awesome, can't wait to see what's next.

Deb

43bd8c41-9648-e183.jpg

Biga , soaker and sponge. Next up rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deb

43bd8c41-3fba-c481.jpg

Cranberry sauce on stuffing bread. I may have to make more. lol. Need some of Squirts turkey for a sandwich

Deb

Here's what the dough above look like when done.

photo-17.jpg

From one extreme to the other -- butter dipped dinner rolls and Peter Reinhart's Power Bread made into rolls (whole wheat, flax flour, sesame seeds, oat bran, flax seeds, cranberries, agave and raisin/cranberries soaked and processed for the sweetener)

The bread I made yesterday is cubed up and dried some - right side of the picture and on the left is a couple small loaves of Power Bread for friends.

HoDeDo

Looks Great Deb! Tyler Florence has a killer Green Bean Casserole recipe that would work great with some croutons from that bread... Fresh beans, crimini and porcini mushrooms, mmm,mmm.

My brother started teaching at Vincennes University this year, so we are breaking up the normal family turkey day... usually everyone is at our place, but my parents are traveling to Indiana to have Turkey day with my bro, sis is going to the inlaws, so we have decided to stay home, and go rogue. Seafood Thanksgiving... Lobster Bisque, Crab Cakes with a homeade remoulade, Alaskan King Crab, Grilled, with a shrimp risotto , and probably the greenbean casserole noted above. I might go for lobster thermador if I go really nuts with the theme. Last time I made that, the dr. threatened to put me on cholesterol meds. LOL

Deb

HoDeDo -Thanks

I'll check that recipe out - I need something green in the meal.

Your meal sounds incredible.... I see nothing wrong with going rogue .... I'd love to see pics (I love shellfish but am allergic to it so I have to live through pics) .... and its Thanksgiving go for the thermador :D

Big Poppa

Administrator
Im not allergic...I'll take one for the team and try both yours and Deb's creations...Thats what kind of guy I am....Now Im looking for that tyler florence recipe

HoDeDo

So I just posted it here, when I realized you already grabbed it! :) Can't wait to get your feedback on it! With a few twists BP....

Deb

43bd8c41-7723-375c.jpg

Forgot I only have two pie pans. Had to do the bourbon chocolate pecan pie in a cake pan. If this is the hardest decision today I am in good shape

Deb

43bd8c41-8dda-1d5d.jpg

Summer sausage that I made a few weeks ago. Cheeses are all from local farms

Top Bottom