Dropping the first pellets...!!!

Elderberry

IMG1297-M.jpg

Okay...!!! I'm finally a pellet smoker...!!!

Put it all together this afternoon. No help -- just me. Boy do these things go together nicely. Although it was a handful standing it upright by myself. :eek: Then I rolled it around to the patio, loaded the hopper with 10#'s of oak BBQ'rs Delight and hit the magic button. A few minutes later and it was dropping it's first pellets...

I put it on smoke for a while just to watch it make some. I was quite happy with the results. This thing really pumps some smoke. Not enough to over smoke but just what I was looking for. Ran it up to high and let it go for 45 minutes. It got up over 400 pretty quick and topped out at 460. Ambient was 77 with about a 5 to 7mph wind. Quite respectable I think...

Then I dropped it down to 350 and put a few burgers in just to make some grease. I didn't take any pictures -- I'm counting the burgers as "seasoning" before the first "official" run which will have to be ribs...

Color me happy...!!! :cool:

CarterQ

Awesome! Gotta love the "clink" as those pellets hit the fire pot! Can't wait to see your first "real" cook.

Hobbit

Congratulations on the assembly and successful light off. After the "seasoning" I can't wait for the pictures of your first "official" cook. Worth the wait?

Sent from my iPad.

Elderberry

Yes, it was well worth the wait. I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow (having fun) and I would rather be home cooking some ribs. I guess that will have to wait until Saturday. :(

Top Bottom