Drum?

Ducaticraig

Can someone tell me about advantages/disadvantages of cooking in a drum? I've never cooked or tasted food off of one. How does a Drum compare to a Pellet grill or Ceramic grill? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

wneill20

I have never cook on a ceramic but i do have a recent built drum, two pellet smokers an a gasser. just like all smokers they have a learning curve and have a different flavor profile. They will go low an slow just like a pellet smoker or any other smoker. I cook some Baby Backs last week on my drum an they were the best that i have ever cook on anything. Go figure under $200. invested an cooks the best ribs.:D

jimsbarbecue

The Drum does have its own flavor profile. Like a good cross between a Weber Kettle and a Smoker. The flavor you get when the meat juices drip on the hot coals and vaporize, without burning the food. If you would like to try one out, I can drop off one or ours.

cowgirl

I love my drums... they are convenient to use and put out great food. I can fill the coal basket once and get a 15 or so hour cook without adding more coal. They are pretty much set it and forget it cookers. :)

Top Bottom