Day (14): One more week to go! ......................... ZEP

Rib Roast:

P1000915.jpg

Chuck Roast:

P1000916.jpg

Last edited:

muebe

Looking good Zep!

Appears that your drying slower than the dry age bags I use. Look forward to see the finished results ;)

Zephyr

Noticed the same thing. Think he may need to go 28-30 days

Wow, I was thinking the same thing! The humidity is still 80 plus. I think it started aging faster after I put the fan in, starting the second week. I'll post some pics at the end of the third week. Look at the pics at that time and would appreciate all you guys and gals opinions!
Thanks............................. ZEP :)

Zephyr

The fan and refer is controlled by a controller, so when the refrigerator comes on to bring the temperature down, the fan comes on at the same time until the programed temperature is met, then everything shuts off.

.......................... ZEP

Zephyr

Day 21:
Photo Bucket won't let me sign in to the New Photobucket, any way I'll post the weight changes for now. ...... ZEP

Zephyr

Day 21

Rib Roast starting weight was 7.75 and refer pulled weight was 7.15
Chuck Roast starting weight was 3.75 and refer pulled weight was 3.14

Rotisserie spit rod fell through the rib roast and worked alittle to get it through grisle and bone of the Chuck.
I didn't cut anything off the meat, it was still a little soft on the outside. Some say I should have let it go another week, but I figured the high humidity kept it somewhat soft. ................... ZEP ............. More to come!

Last edited:

Zephyr

21 days ready to pull out. Rib Roast .................................. ZEP

P1000923.jpg

21 days, flash makes it look lighter than it is. Chuck Roast

P1000924.jpg

Mounted on spit rod

P1000926.jpg

Last edited:

Zephyr

That was so tender, I didn't need a knife. You could just pull it apart and the flavor! It was so juicy, I have to empty the tray in my vaccum sealer, when I used it.

Time to fire up some pellets! ..................................... ZEP

P1000927.jpg

Ok, put um on the Mak. Chuck is covered with bacon.

P1000929.jpg

Rib Roast is done.

P1000930.jpg

P1000937.jpg

P1000936.jpg

P1000943.jpg

P1000954.jpg

A Bite for you guys!

P1000940.jpg

P1000955.jpg

Last edited:

Zephyr

21 Day

That's the most flaverful, tender Chuck roast, I ever had! Covered in bacon! .......................... ZEP

P1000956.jpg

P1000961.jpg

Last edited:

Zephyr

Dayum!!!!!

Amazing looking is an understatement!

Was there any bark? And was it edible?

It sure was edible, and I didn't have to trim anything! I think what helped was the pink Himalayan salt and the small fan to circulate everything. The salt kept any mold from growing even though the RH was 85 % plus.

.......................................... ZEP

Last edited:

Brandon

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the trip. Did you use a freezer with a controller or a refrigerator with a controller? I use a chest freezer with a controller which does not have a fan but am curious to how it works for others.

Zephyr

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the trip. Did you use a freezer with a controller or a refrigerator with a controller? I use a chest freezer with a controller which does not have a fan but am curious to how it works for others.

I used a refrigerator with controller. ......................... ZEP

Kite

So there seems to be a few people dry aging with a couple of different methods - I am just wondering if it is worth all of the effort and if it is safe. I am just not sure what to watch out for in the safety arena..

Top Bottom