Fired the .22 Mag today!

Dude Young

Nope, not the wrong forum. I picked up a NIB Smith & Wesson .22 Mag grill about a month ago from an undisclosed location and finally had a chance to fire it. Ran a tray of pellets to cure and burn off the crap then reloaded and did franks and chicken thighs. Nothing fancy. Just wanted to run it. Later on, we fired it up and cooked up S'mores.

I plan on experimenting with charcoal briquettes to extend the cook time, but I think I may have found my new "tail-gater".

Dude Young

e3ety7a5.jpg

Just a photo of the grill for now. They were made in Silverton, OR a little while ago. Not sure when they quit but I think they had a connection to the Treager family. I have a few acquaintances that have them and love them. I've used one to cook up burgers on the banks of the Quinault River while steelhead fishing and cooked antelope sausage on lunch break at a job site. Next stop for this little gem is Otto's pork links at a Seahawks tail gate.

Gonna head back and get another to send east to my brother. It would be the perfect addition to our Giants tail gates.

TentHunter

Dude Young said:
Not sure when they quit but I think they had a connection to the Treager family.

As far as I know all Smith & Wesson grills were made by Traeger, who stopped making them when they sent manufacturing oversees to China.

I still see these .22 S & W grills available now and then and have often been tempted to get one.

scooter said:
It's a pellet cooker and a charcoal cooker?

They use pellets, and no electricity. You load up two pounds of pellets, light them and it draws in a current of air from the bottom (like a charcoal chimney) to burn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom