First brisket. Should I buy in the cryovac or trimmed

BBQ Joe

Recently at Costco I was checking out the meat department and they had briskets in the cryovac and they also had some that they had trimmed out. Which one is going to work better on my MAK? Thanks!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Where we are costco sells only flat...I also lean towards cryovac and my own trimming...the ones they trim they dont leave you much love.

I tend to cook flat in a pan....

firehouse_bbq

Our costco only sells flats too. YOu can get them un-trimmed if you ask. I would recommend you buy a full packer, in the cryo and trim it yourself, or get the flat from costco, but get it untrimmed!

scooter

My costco sells both but their whole brisket which comes in the cryovac has the point so heavily trimmed that it's virtually only a flat with maybe one pound of point meat still left attached. Sad.
Given the choice between their flat only which is trimmed of every speck of fat and the whole brisket in the cryo, I always used to opt for the whole brisket but have found a much better source for my briskets since those days so I no longer purchase my brisket from Costco.

Top Bottom