First cook on MAK #1061

Stone

Per Sparky's request, here it is (Sparky, have not named the grills yet. I'll enlist the kids to help and let you know).

I was anxious to get to some pulled pork and figured it would take overnight so was getting prepped for that. Big Poppa called to check in and said - "Go get some chickens!, you can start the pork butt in the morning." So off I went. I did the spatchcock chicken and it was awesome. No pictures as it got devoured and I was fully occupied with watching in awe how the smoker did it's thing.

Fast forward a few hours. My first real low and slow came immediately following. I followed Chris Lilly's instructions for Peach Pork Butt. Put it on hawaiin rolls per BP with some BB Gibson sauce and the kids devoured it. My oldest son couldn't stop eating, must have cleared four or five sammies and called up from his room, "help! I don't know what to do, I am overstuffed!". Yikes, he was fine but a great indicator of how good it was. The MAK made it surprisingly easy. Thanks again to all for the info on this site and to BP for helping me make the right choice for my needs. This has opened up a whole new style of cooking for me. And my wife is absolutely stoked as I have taken over 90+% of the dinner cooking. Here's some pics...

After the first couple of hours...
View attachment 1647

After FTC and ready to handle...
View attachment 1648

After the pull...
View attachment 1649

Dinner is served...
View attachment 1650

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement. I served up Chris Lilly's peach bread putting for dessert. First class meal, my family was literally cheering.

OLE

Great job Stone... Looks awesome! Did a "sauce tasting" with my butt :eek: yesterday... BB Gibson's Red Sauce won by a landslide!

Stone

I followed the directions in the book and heated the sauce with chopped peaches and some juice for 30 minutes. Out of this world. Thanks for the confidence in the sauce.

Stone

Big Poppa mentioned that may be a problem. I heeded his advice and have some elastic waist-banded pants on order...

muebe

Nice job!

Just make sure you burn through more pounds of pellets than you gain in weight and you will be fine ;)

Zephyr

Wow, Stone! I wish my first cook was that good, heck, I wish my last cook was that good! Lookin Gu,ooo,oood! :p :p

ZEP

Top Bottom