First grill a few days out. Anything I need to know?!

Mayn

What might I need to do after assembly to have my grill ready to cook? Any suggestions?

dnew

Follow your manufactures guidelines on the first burn-in and then season it. Lots of folks use bacon to season.

JD McGee

Each grill is different. I would wash the grates with hot soapy water to get rid of any manufacturing oils...etc. Then toss on a pork butt or two to season it. Have fun!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Mayn

My grill has arrived. I burnt it off. I've ordered a few rubs from big poppa smokers site. Hope they arrive tomorrow. If so I'm gonna go to Costco and pick up some bone in butt and give it a try. First time cooking on a pellet grill so I hope they'll turn out edible lol. My Costco luckily has a special section with bone in meats ect. May have to wait till Sunday to cook cause I work tomorrow but we will see. Any suggestions before I try this will be nice. Thanks.

TentHunter

What might I need to do after assembly to have my grill ready to cook? Any suggestions?

Yes, two things and they are both EXTREMELY important.

1) Have some Bacon on hand to cook.

2) Be absolutely 100% sure you have batteries in your digital camera to get some pics to post and share with us. :)

Enjoy your new cooker!

SisInLaw

For sure toss on a couple of bacon-wrapped Armadillo eggs. They cook up fast (like an hour) come our perfect every time and your whole crew will think you're a genius, even though you've just begun. I speak from experience.

scooter

Bacon is good to do first, pork butt is good to do first, pork ribs also...the list goes on! Just start cooking and like Tent says, take lots of pics and post them here!!

Top Bottom