First ribs on new GMG

51Phantom

Here are some pics of step one for my ribs that I will cook tomorrow. Ribs rubbed, in home made rub and a shot of the home made mustard and bourbon BBQ sauce made. Sauce is Yum.. More to come.

e825231c.jpg

f57354c2.jpg

51Phantom

Part two here we go.
Smokin at 180* for 1.5 hours
c4a3f249.jpg

Done, I made a bone head move and set my instant read thermometer at celsious rather than fahrenheit, so i over cooked them a bit, but they still turned out good.
ede09161.jpg

The Side-with some potatoes.
267a4462.jpg

The inside, good smoke ring. sorry pic is a bit blurry
661a60ca.jpg

The final plate. We had friends over at the last minute, so I didn't get to spend the time i would have hoped to on the ribs or presentation. oh well I am new to this. Ribs were good though. No foiling. tender with a bit of chew. The whole temperature thing with the thermometer screwed me up. I will never do that again at least.
de3e24d4.jpg

sparky

the ribs and veges look real good. could you give your bourbon bbq sauce recipe out? i like bourbon.

51Phantom

Here is the recipe Sparky:
ingredients

For sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 bunches green onions, chopped
2 cups chopped white onions
8 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup tomato paste (about 9 ounces)
1 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
1 cup water
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup apple juice
1 large dried ancho chili, stemmed, seeded, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 cups bourbon

For spice rub and ribs
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
6 pounds baby back pork ribs (about 3 whole racks)

preparation

Make sauce
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Add green onions, white onions and garlic and sauté until tender, about 15 minutes. Mix in all remaining ingredients, adding bourbon last. Simmer sauce until thick and reduced to 7 cups, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be prepared 2 weeks ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Make spice rub and ribs
Mix first 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Rub spice mixture over both sides of rib racks. Arrange ribs on large baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Top Bottom