Flank Steak & Bacon

Duke

I am getting my MAK 2 broken in, cooked flank steak and bacon last night.

Marinated the steaks in Dales sauce (a southern thing) and cooked the bacon at 275 degrees, until IT was 175, about an hour.

Pretty nice stuff.

The bacon was excellent.

If anybody sees a better way, please make any suggestions.

Duke

Last edited:

shelly

Good choice for a first cook.

Lining the drip pan with hd aluminum foil would make clean up easier.

Shelly

Patrick_CT

I usually put it on the upper rack on a frogmat... makes it easier to take on and off for me since I will lay it all out in the kitchen then put it in quickly to minimize how long the MAK is open. It also adds a nice (not really healthy) extra flavor to what ever is on the bottom rack ;)

Patrick_CT

haha... i do not want to spend your money, but I do really use the upper rack all the time. And the frogmats are great. The cooking time for bacon for me varies since i always add it to other items I am cooking. And some times i make it crispy to crumble and other time softer for other stuff.. no specific cooking time.(sorry for not being much help)

Rip

Ditto on the upper rack, it's becoming one of my most valuable and often used accessories.

Duke

I have ordered the frogmat / upper grill rack / and a few other items.

Thanks everydody for the input.

Duke

scooter

Duke. consider buying two half upper racks. Gives you the option of going full or half upper and is cheaper than buying a full and a half upper rack.

Top Bottom