FlashFire Question

cowdog

I am thinking about purchasing the FlashFire for my 2-Star. I am looking for feedback before I pull the trigger. Basically, how tough is the FlashFire? Has anyone had any issues with durability? I have gone through four igniter rods and would rather not spend $200 if this FlashFire is no more durable than the igniter rod.

Thank you

KJRsmoker

I've had my 2 Star for 2 years and used it in all types of weather. I have never, ever had a problem with the FlashFire ignition. Since I've never had a smoker with the old igniter, I have no basis for comparison. However, the FlashFire has never let me down.

TentHunter

Last edited:

onionhead

Cowdog, I have a MAK 2 and bought it after I gave my Traeger to my son. I had trouble with my igniters (used four of them) and went to the Flash Fire. I have had it for about two years and have forgotten about it. I have many add ons (wifi amongst them), and I rate the Flash Fire the best. It is really a game changer!

Junior

Replaced my ignitor with flash fire and now ignitor will not turn off says "ignitor 30F then my machine eventually turns off. Looking for help with this problem.I have Mak II General.Thank you

TentHunter

First, welcome to the forum!

Replaced my ignitor with flash fire and now ignitor will not turn off says "ignitor 30F then my machine eventually turns off. Looking for help with this problem.I have Mak II General.Thank you

This is something that MAK Grills needs to help you with. Give them a call and they will get your issue solved.

Replaced ignitor with Flashfire last weekend. Can't tell you about durability, but man does it get up to temp quick! I love the improvements as long a they are as durable as anticipated.

mrbbq

Junior---its not the igniter that is the issue, it's the thermocouple. Call Dennis Ogg @ MAK (503) 623-1234 and he can help you.

Bruce@MAK

mrbbq

I've had a FlashFire igniter in my MAK since October 2015. The same igniter. No replacements. It works flawlessly and perfectly every time I push the ON button. I am STILL amazed at how quickly the fire in my grill firepot starts. 3 minutes tops. If you have not replaced your cartridge heater igniter with FlashFire, DO IT. JUST DO IT! It's one of the best upgrades you can do to your MAK Grill.

Top Bottom