Food Gifts

SisInLaw

So my birthday was this week and one of my dear friends make a big deal out of it. She gave me many heartfelt gifts, bought me lunch, made me feel special all day.

Now, HER birthday is next month and I've been racking my brain for how to match her, even (in a friendly way) one-up her. What can I do that others don't/can't for her? Finally the non-government light bulb went off!

Smoke her yummy food!

I'm thinking ribs. Prime rib. Armadillo eggs. That sort of thing.

Anybody else ever use food as a gift?

sparky

i cooked two racks of ribs a couple of weeks ago for my wifes boss. she had her review last week. she took me out to dinner after she got her review. she got a good one. i also use the barter system w/ my bbq food. i trade ya a pork butt or ribs for whatever i need. use it w/ my barber, butcher, sushi roller. you get the idea. it works on relatives too. wife, kids, cousins, aunties. :)

scooter

Happy Birthday SisInLaw!

Have never given it away as a gift but the neighbors and family are often on the receiving end of my test cooks.

Deb

Happy Birthday SisInLaw!

I have done a few food gifts from my smoker
Last winter I did these from the guys that plow the driveway
IMG_0051.jpg

beef snack sticks and a few different smoked nuts

Last christmas I did a few food gift bags for a few friends - the smoked items were homemade bacon, pulled pork, nuts. smoked cheese

Kevin has a box arriving at college today - it has pulled pork, baked beans and cornbread

To make it special I would do a complete meal, a prime rib dinner would be awesome. Include some type of potato dish maybe your twice baked potatoes and then some veggies.

TentHunter

Along the similar lines as Deb, last Christmas I made up a bunch of summer sausage & Smoked Kentucky Beer Cheese spread as gifts.

Both went over really well and the Beer Cheese was pretty easy to make.
HG07.JPG

squirtthecat

I gave out 2lb bags of pulled pork for Christmas... Mail men, garbage guys, hairdresser, cleaning lady.

Will probably do "Blazin' Pistachios" this year.

SisInLaw

You guys are always way ahead of me. I like all the ideas and Deb's, too, of adding side dishes to make it a complete meal. I'd like to try Tent's smokey cheese spread, too. I adore cheese.

Big Poppa, I didn't find a gift cert in my Inbox from BPS for my bday. Maybe I should look again.

cowgirl

Great ideas everyone!
Cliff thanks for the smoked beer cheese recipe too.. think I'll make some for deer season here!

Top Bottom