Foodie Repellent Chili Dogs

CarterQ

Had to work yesterday but got off early enough to cook, wife called and asked what I was planning for dinner (it's automatic now). I said chili dogs! She laughed, "Really? You have all of that BBQ equipment and you decide on chili dogs?" Yes maam, I told her don't be such a food snob and I'll take care of everything!

Here we go-

Got a pack of Caspers dogs-

d911cba5.jpg

Onto the Hasty Bake over some nice lump

c7c5eb3d.jpg

Looking good

35388ea0.jpg

Top with some Hormel Chili (from a can!) cheese, and onion. Serve with a side of fries and a nice cold affront to beer snobs everywhere, a domestic light brew (in a can!)

85fe6bd9.jpg

Dogs were killer, great natural casing gives them a nice snap. Love the simple things off the grill!

Last edited:

ACW3

Every now and then, this is the kind of meal to enjoy. I might substitute a different brand of beer, however.

Art

squirtthecat

Yeah, buddy!

Those blue cans are my snob beer of choice... You just need a Piggly Wiggly hugger to complete the package. :cool:

Chili Head

We do chili cheese dogs with onion about once a month here. Sometimes with fries sometimes with frito's :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rip

Haha! Carter, thought I was seeing my own cook here. Yesterday was kid's choice for Labor day dinner.....hot dogs on the MAK and homemade fries in the fryer...my twist was chili with sautéed onions (and domestic light beer) :). And, it was pretty tasty!

Big Poppa

Administrator
remember that was my last meal before I went on my diet....I love tube steaks love chile love cheese and onions maatch made in heaven

bflodan

Great meal Carter! I love chili dogs. I stick with my Sahlen brand hot dogs though. They are a Western NY original. You gotta try them! I think I'll add this to the weekend. It'll be perfect for Sunday kickoff. Thanks for the idea! Go Bills!

roburado

What are you talking about? I am a foodie, and I freaking love chili dogs!!! I'm definitely planning to do some in the near future! Maybe tonight even! Going to use some Tony Packo's "Hungarian Hot Dogs" with natural casing.

roburado

I'm just kidding. I think good food is good food be it Michelin-starred wonders or a chili dog. They're all good, and they're all important.

sparky

your cooking on a hasty bake and a mak 2 star. get better beer partner. lol. heh, get yourself some FT's. yummy.....

Last edited:

CarterQ

your cooking and a hasty bake and a mak 2 star. get better beer partner. lol. heh, get yourself some FT's. yummy.....

LOL, hey I like me the Fat Tire unfortunately it can give you a fat tire so I enjoy it in moderation! Besides Cheap Beer = More money for BBQ Toys..........

Top Bottom