Freshwater bass fillet?

TrickyDick

Hey,

A friend of ours gave us a bunch of bass fillet, frozen. My wife isn't really sure what to do with it, and frankly, neither am I. She pan fried/sauteed some but there are still several pounds remaining. Any suggestions?

Smoked Curried Bass Meatballs? (That doesn't sound so good to me)
Jerked Bass "jerky" (no idea on how to pull that off)
bacon wrapped, bass roulades stuffed with cream cheese and chipotles (or other chiles)

Lacking any specific advice, I'm thinking of marinading them in orange Marmalade and ginger-ale, then battering and deep frying them.

TD

Tatonka3A2

Some tasty fish tacos! I don't have a recipe, never made them but that is the first thing that can to mind for me.

One think that we like to do with fish is make a "Poor Man's Lobster". Cut the fish into nice size chunks and boil in Sprite (the pop) - once the float they are done. Dip in butter, and I kid you not they taste like lobster. Well the Walleye and Northern's that we have cooked that way did.... pretty sure bass would be the same.

jimsbarbecue

Limone oil and Cherry Balsamic glaze and Desert Gold and you may want some Little Louies if you need added salt. Cook at over 300 and enjoy. Look at the local market for a finishing sauce. The last one we had was a pineapple habanero that was real good. Fish are like chicken breast, they need some help in the flavor department.

TrickyDick

Some tasty fish tacos! I don't have a recipe, never made them but that is the first thing that can to mind for me.

One think that we like to do with fish is make a "Poor Man's Lobster". Cut the fish into nice size chunks and boil in Sprite (the pop) - once the float they are done. Dip in butter, and I kid you not they taste like lobster. Well the Walleye and Northern's that we have cooked that way did.... pretty sure bass would be the same.

Yeah we made fish tacos with the ones the other night.

Might have to try the sprite trick!! Thanks

TrickyDick

Limone oil and Cherry Balsamic glaze and Desert Gold and you may want some Little Louies if you need added salt. Cook at over 300 and enjoy. Look at the local market for a finishing sauce. The last one we had was a pineapple habanero that was real good. Fish are like chicken breast, they need some help in the flavor department.

What is limone oil??im thinking lemon infused olive oil?

Top Bottom