Friday Night Steaks

cowdog

I attempted reverse-seared steaks for the first time. I did not think to take any before pictures, but did get a plated pic. I had a ribeye, the wife a filet. Both were rubbed with EVOO, then I applied BP's DSSR. Potatoes were covered in EVOO, sea salt, and coarse ground black pepper. Veggies are Summer and Italian Squash with Desert Gold. Started with the potatoes on smoke for 30 minutes (wasn't sure if I would actually get a smokey flavor, but tried), then cranked the 2 Star to 450 for 45 minutes. Placed potatoes in the warmer as the grill cooled to smoke. At smoke, I placed the steaks on and smoked for 45 minutes. I then placed them in the warmer drawer with the potatoes and boosted the temp to 450. When temp got to 350 I put on the veggies, which were in a make-shift aluminum bowl with sum butter. Placed the steaks back on when grill reached 450. It only took ~5 minutes to get to 130. Pulled everything. Wrapped veggies and potatoes in foil while the steaks rested. Here is the plated pic.

2012-05-11_18-29-56_444.jpg

cowdog

Thanks, gentlemen. I am amazed how much better the pellet grill cooks than a gasser. Not sure if it is the MAK, or if all pellet grills cook this nicely. The food is just so much more flavorful. As odd as this may sound, even a more "even" cook. After a few cooks, I know this was a great investment.

Top Bottom