From bad to worse but the food was good

I had some time off after the Christmas Holiday and thought I would go up to the cabin with the dog , and see if we could get some grouse hunting in. There had been a lot of snow and I knew it was going to be cold, but I was still a little surprised.

After a few hours on snowshoes in 30 inches of snow I had worked up an appetite. I had brought up some leftover pulled pork, sweet potatoes and mushrooms, and got the old painted Pro fired up. It was not getting any warmer.

I seasoned up the sweet potatoe with EVOO garlic powder, salt and pepper and a touch of cinnamon. Salt pepper and garlic on the mushorooms, and I made up some pulled pork burritoes, with onion, blue cheese, pepper jack, celery, and salsa.

Onto the Pro to cook so I could get back inside.

Finished product

My version of dessert

Nice and cozy in the cabin... there were still some more temp drops

Happy New Year and stay warm wherever you are.
HTS
Greg

Kite

I know it makes a great picture, and I am certainly the last person to be PC, but the Baileys in front of the rifle really caught my eye. Of course you are not drinking and shooting.. I just thought it looked funny.

Yambor44

Wow! Coming from Florida those temps loo down right nasty! HIGH temp....high mind you ..... -4º !!! Yikes!

Great looking eats and what a beautiful cabin!

jimsbarbecue

I had to look At the picture again to see the Baileys. I noticed the O\U shotgun. What make model are we looking at! Dinner looks good too.

Top Bottom