Getting a jump on some of the lunch menu...

Jonathan

Yeah, I know ribs are best straight off the MAK after a bit a rest, however, since I'm cooking for eight and my spine wins all effort arguments, I figured I'd get a jump on some of tomorrow's lunch for my wife's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins.

scooter

I would have cooked the racks today but not sauced them then chilled. Tomorrow i would have glazed/sauced them and put them on the grill to set and/or carmelize the glaze (which would have sufficiently reheated them) THEN sliced them right before serving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

Jonathan

Everything went pretty well for the lunch. My wife's relatives flew into DC and all met up to start driving around the East coast visiting family for Christmas. Unfortunately, they ran quite late getting to Delaware, so everything had to be reheated, including the big roaster chicken I did. It was a nice afternoon visit, and since they were late, no one was a bit the wiser that I cooked the ribs on Sat, since everything had to be rewarmed! :) I have to say I sure love this smoker and the ease of use smoking with the MAK.

TentHunter

It sounds like it all worked out great! That closeup pic of the ribs made me wish I could reach into my screen and pick one up.

Top Bottom