Hardcore smokers

MrAdam

It's a balmy -6°C right now - that's 21 for you Fahrenheit folks, and I'm just firing up my drum to put a pork butt on.

I'm just wondering if there are any other crazy people like me who don't care what the weather is like outside when they smoke?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

muebe

I am one of those folks. Especially with my Memphis. Just turn it on and come back out when it's warmed up. Load the meat then come out when done. Not really much time spent out in the cold ;)

MrAdam

How cold does it really get in Cali though? ;)

It's still pretty warm here. It'll be -40° in the dead of winter.

Last edited:

Deb

f45fa5f9.jpg

MossyMO

Wife and I have smoked sausage in windy -10ºF temps... here in North Dakota in the winter 10º above zero with no wind is perfect grilling weather.

muebe

How cold does it really get in Cali though? ;)

It's still pretty warm here. It'll be -40° in the dead of winter.

I am in the high desert so winter time we get into the 20s. It does snow here although not that heavy or often.

Cold enough for me ;)

MrAdam

I really am jealous! I was just in Newport Beach a few weeks ago. Damned nice weather there. I'd even take 20 degrees in the winter. -40 is just stupid cold, and I'm stupid for cooking in it :D

Jables

I like it cold out here. Freezing usually means clear. I'll take that over the Pineapple Express downpours and 40 degrees.

Top Bottom