HELLO every i need your expertice on my new custom pellet smoker!!!

onckena

hey my names andrew and o bult a vertical pellet smoker out of a 65 gallon air tank and the traeger hopper assembly i have three racks in the smoker i have the fire box in the bottome of the tank and the hot plate over it with another ss drip plat to push the heat and smoke to the outside the smoke stack is at the to on the right side top and hopper on the bottom left. it seams to be getting very hot at the top rack does anyone have any info or suggestions to help me out thanks !!!

TTNuge

Hot air rises. Off the top of my head I would consider some sort of circulation fan to keep the air moving. What size is your exhaust, perhaps it needs to be larger to let heat escape quicker.

HoDeDo

Onckena, yes, you want to create a convective type airflow in the cooker... not something with draw like a regular smoker. I'd move it down low, and baffle it so the air moves up and then has to cycle down to get out.

TentHunter

Onckena, yes, you want to create a convective type airflow in the cooker... not something with draw like a regular smoker. I'd move it down low, and baffle it so the air moves up and then has to cycle down to get out.

That's sounds like good advice to me.

Welcome to the forum Onckena!

scooter

If it was easy, everyone could make their own pellet cookers! :) Good luck and welcome to PelletSmoking!

Top Bottom