Help please!!!

I can't get my igniter rod on my Traeger to heat up. Has anyone come across this issue? Any tips/advice? I'm seriously questioning Traeger's quality as this hasn't been the first issue I've had my this unit.

Big Poppa, I guess I don't know the "official" procedure to manually light the smoker. How plausible is it to changeout the ignitor rod? I just hate the thought of every time I want to use the smoker that I've got to manually light it.

muebe

A key to keep your igniter rod lasting longer is to vacuum out the firepot after EVERY cook. The ash will combine with moisture from the air and can cause premature failure of the hot rod. Keeping the firepot clean will keep the hot rod from being buried in ash.

A new hot rod is fairly inexpensive and it can be changed. There are several YouTube videos available showing how to change a hot rod. Just do a search on YouTube.

Big_Jake

I did it before on my old Yoder.A bit time consuming but it can be done.For now you can start the unit and manually light the pellets in the burn pot with a small torch or something like that.

FLBentRider

You can also use alcohol based hand sanitizer to light it.

1. order new hotrod.

2. put a handful of pellets in firepot.

3. add about a tablespoon of hand sanitizer.

4. Light. Once you have it going, fire up the grill.

If you need to know other strange things that burn, ask a boy scout leader.

Deb

Call Traeger customer service before ordering one - especially if you are still under warranty.

Doesn't sound like you are tripping a gfi but you might want to unplug the igniter. It's the purple plug

It's a pain but not hard to change, I have done it a few times on my Traeger

ajstrider

I know this is a little late probably, the manual lighting procedure is on Traeger's website under Support. It is essentially, removing the grease tray and heat shield, putting some pellets in the firebox, and starting a fire, using a gel cube can help this a lot. All this is done with the grill off, once the fire is flaming good, start the grill up.

Another thing to check is your fuse located behind your digital temperature control panel. But more than likely if it is blown, the hot rod is shorting to ground and is no longer useful. I have replaced a hot rod on mine and it is not difficult, they use color coded wire. The hardest part is getting the new wires through the chamber. Hot rods burnout unforunately.

Top Bottom