Hi from NC

Cavetoad

Hello all from NC. I moved to NC a few years ago from IA and am finally getting settled in. I have been grilling for many years but never been very successful with smoking. My previous experience was with a Weber charcoal smoker and it did not go well, operator error I'm sure. Now I am older and hopefully wiser, I think, and want to try again with a pellet smoker. I am looking at a Rec Tec, I think I am setting myself up for succes.

TentHunter

Hey there Cavetoad. Welcome to the forum, from NE Ohio.

Which part of NC did you relocate (I lived in the Burlington/Greensboro area for about 13 years)?

The only things I'm not smitten by with the Rec Tec grills are:

1) Not made in U.S.A. - They are an American company that has them produced oversees (I realize that's not as important to some folks).

2) They don't offer an upper shelf (because there's no room).

If you can swing the extra $$, take a look at MAK before you make your decision. Otherwise, Rec Tec's seem to be a decent cooker. The best of the imported grills, if you ask me.

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum Cavetoad, buyers remorse is something no one wants to deal with, so do your homework, ask a lot of questions, think 5 or 10 years down the road, and than cry only once and never look back. The best of luck and good smoking.

Top Bottom