High heat on a 2 Star

Chris_B

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2 Star and wanted to be sure that I knew what I was getting into. How high have you guys ever taken your 2 Star with the Flame Zone and how long did it take to get up to that temp? I'll mostly be using the Mak for low and slow and roasting but I'd like to know what to expect for the occasional burger or steak. I normally reverse sear my steaks.

Thanks,

Chris

JD McGee

Cooked some steaks on mine this weekend @ 450...took about 20 minutes to reach temp...then I gave it another 10 to get the grates hot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SoDakSmokerGolfer

You can easily get the MAK 2 star up to the 450 range... In around the 20min mark. I also love the reverse sear done on steaks and the MAK is the perfect grill for this. It makes it very easy to do. Here are some NY strips I did this week end.... BP also has a "how to" video on this method.

Nice thick strips seasoned and sweating away while the MAK heats up to 260.
View attachment 2250

The MAK set up with the flame zone open on the left with grill grates and the right side setup with the flame zone covered. Cook the streaks to an IT of around 110 then pull and crank the MAK to high. Then on to the grill grates side to sear... I pull mine off at about 138 and let them rest.
View attachment 2251

Here is the final product
View attachment 2252

dnew

Looks great, since it is morning here I would like mine with eggs and potatoes. Great job, love the sear marks.

Top Bottom