How to present the meat the next day?

68sting

I smoked a tri-tip and some pork loins for a pot luck tomorrow. I wrapped them in tin foil and put them in a ziplock. The plan is to put them in some warming trays tomorrow. Do you add a little water or something else to keep the meat from drying out?

chaz345

I smoked a tri-tip and some pork loins for a pot luck tomorrow. I wrapped them in tin foil and put them in a ziplock. The plan is to put them in some warming trays tomorrow. Do you add a little water or something else to keep the meat from drying out?

NOT water as that will taste, well, watery. It has a tendency to leach the flavor out of the meat. I'd go with apple juice for the pork, or maybe chicken broth. For the tri-tip beef broth is definitely the way to go. I smoke ahead of time and re-heat all the time for paying catering customers and haven't had anyone complain yet. For personal use I've been known to use beef broth and a good strong stout like Guiness as reheating liquid for my brisket. It's yummy in my opinion but some people don't like any hint of beer flavor in something that's hot.

Moomtaz

As Chaz said, apple juice for pork and beef broth for the tip. Don't think you can go wrong with those choices. A little pool at the bottom will do it, they don't need to be floating in it, at least that's my preference.

68sting

Well dang it I didn't get this in time. We used water and it was still a huge success. People loved it. It was still moist and very flavorful. I'll try those ideas next time.

Top Bottom