I Love My MAK!

Tomsmccann

My 1 Star and I have been in a relationship for just over a week now, and things are getting pretty serious. My Traeger couldn't perform like I needed her to, and now she's someone else's problem.

I've done two cooks so far... A few racks of baby backs on Saturday and a 14 lb turkey on Sunday. I'm still getting used to the controller, particularly when setting it up to finish when the IT reaches a set point yet still have it adjust temperatures at certain times. I'll figure that out.

My biggest complaints about my old Traeger were the flameouts and temp swings. The MAK on the other hand hangs around 170 degrees consistently while on smoke and holds temps within 5-10 degree increments while on a set temp. It is awesome and I wish I had known about MAK sooner!

Last edited by a moderator:

scooter

I think you are beginning to understand the enthusiasm all MAK owners have in common...

Don't forget to take pictures of what you cook so we can see and learn from each other.

Tomsmccann

I think you are beginning to understand the enthusiasm all MAK owners have in common...

Don't forget to take pictures of what you cook so we can see and learn from each other.

I have been taking pictures, and tried uploading them but it wouldn't work. Could be because I'm on an ipad.

scooter

Your ipad worked fine. The coding you use to display your images in threads can be a little tricky. Click on your pic in photobucket. In the upper right corner it will say "SHARE THIS PHOTO". Left click on the code to the right of where it says "IMG" and it should flash the word "Copied".
Go to your post on the forum and put your cursor where you want the image to appear and do a Shift+V to paste the code you copied from Photobucket.
Now just repeat for as many images as you want to post. I think the limit is 12 images per post.

Tomsmccann

Thanks for the lengthy explanation, Scooter. My laptop crashed the other week, so the only way I am able to go online at home is on my iPad or iPhone until I get it fixed. Funny thing is I tried to upload those two pics a few days ago on my iPad, and they weren't showing up. I checked this thread again last night and there they were.

I smoked a 6 lb bone-in pork butt yesterday. Started it at 8 AM on smoke for 4 hours then 225 for 8 hours until IT reached 200. Let it rest for 30 mins, and pulled. Served with slaw on Kings Hawaiian rolls, and accompanied with fall root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, and beets). I enjoyed a Deschutes IPA during the cook (not easy to find many Deschutes beers in CA I might add), and we had a 2013 William Selyem Pinor Noir with dinner. Amazing results with the MAK and it doesn't appear that I need my smoker tube any longer.

scooter

Funny thing is I tried to upload those two pics a few days ago on my iPad, and they weren't showing up. I checked this thread again last night and there they were.

I added the image code to your post so the images would display. If you click edit on your original post in this thread you'll see the image coding I added.

Top Bottom