I need a new smoker, any suggestions.

Sir Lamerok

My Traeger is not going to last the year as I like to smoke three times a week. I have a Weber for higher temps so my new grill doesn't need to sear.

Meat Man

How much do you want to spend, what size do you need, do you want a cooker that will hold up longer. Obviously you like to use your cooker, not too many unhappy MAK owners. Hint, hint.

Sir Lamerok

I have it narrowed down to the Mak 2 star or the Memphis Pro. I wanted to make sure I wasnt missing someone else's favorite. I definitely want one that is built to last. I cook for a family of five and have been getting by with a Traeger Lil tex elite.

Meat Man

Those would be my two choices as well. I have the 2 Star it does everything I want to do in spades, easily big enough for your family. With the upper rack you can cook enough food for the whole neighborhood. We've cooked on almost everything else but the Memphis, but for the money (I know they are not cheap) you get quite a sophisticated cooker, that smokes up a storm. Good luck with your choice.

RickB

If you want a more all purpose cooker get the memphis. If you want a great smoker get the mak. I'm like you, i have a weber performer to grill with. My mak is my smoker and at times a great oven. That being said both are great units.

muebe

I suggest the Memphis but I am a bit biased ;)

Either one is a great choice! The MAK has the best controller and the Memphis gets the highest temps. Memphis uses very little pellets and that can pay off in the long run on pellet costs. MAK creates more smoke but an Amazn tube smoker can compensate for that on the Memphis. MAK has a taller hood and the Memphis is all stainless.

But in the end the choice is all yours. You will be happy with either grill ;)

wneill20

My Traeger is not going to last the year as I like to smoke three times a week. I have a Weber for higher temps so my new grill doesn't need to sear.

Why will your Traeger not last a year? Mine is two years old and i use it at least six nights a week, keep it clean and still looks like new. I agree they are not the top of the line smoker but they will last longer than that if taken care of just like any smoker.

Sir Lamerok

I like how my Traeger smokes but the door hinges are already bent and the door is loose and ready to fall off. I know I can fix it but it makes me nervous as I returned one already (for a different problem) and I don't have as much confidence that it wil hold up.

Top Bottom