Inaugural Run on my MAK 2*

cardmechanic

Broke in my new MAK 2* yesterday with 6 racks of St Louis ribs seasoned with BPS Money rub.

OcsI4X8.jpg

Time for the crutch
ichIMYU.jpg

No need for sauce here
30Rburo.jpg

Fin
coxq15J.jpg

K3rdppK.jpg

sschorr

They look gorgeous! How about a few details: temp cooked at, for how long, pellets used, when wrapped and how long wrapped? Any juice in the wrap? Any spritzing/mopping. I'd appreciate the details - I'm doing my first ribs on my new MAK for 4th of July, so insights appreciated!

cardmechanic

Great Smoke ring! They look like they turned out pretty tasty!
Is that the full upper rack you have?

Yeah, love the extra space. It's nice that you get the split lower grate with the grill too. You could easily switch the full grate with the split lower if you only wanted to run a half grate on the top.

cardmechanic

They look gorgeous! How about a few details: temp cooked at, for how long, pellets used, when wrapped and how long wrapped? Any juice in the wrap? Any spritzing/mopping. I'd appreciate the details - I'm doing my first ribs on my new MAK for 4th of July, so insights appreciated!

Mostly followed the advice from Big Poppa's youtubes. Coated bottom of ribs with seasoning and let sit for 20min, sprayed with avocado oil, flipped and repeated for the top. Cooked at 275F with BBQ delight hickory pellets. An hour in spritzed with 50/50 apple juice and cider vinegar and dusted with paprika. 2 hour mark wrapped in butcher paper with squeeze butter, brown sugar, honey. Pulled at 3.5 hours and served.

Edit: the ribs were fall off the bone, may want to try a slightly lower temp if you want more of a textured bite.

Last edited:

TentHunter

It looks like you cooked enough for me to have an entire rack all to myself! :cool:

And wow do they look good! Nice first cook.

Top Bottom