Joe in NY

OneBallBiscuit

Hey guys...love the site. Been reading for months.Finally joined.

Currently own a Bradley Electric smoker. Love it but seems limited in it's uses. Want to upgrade to a pellet smoker for quite a while now and have been reading up on the models like crazy. Budget demanded I stay a bit lower than the best models out there, so I settled on the Daniel Boone, but that was before wife and I found out we are having twins in June, so budget took a huge hit. Basically, this brought me down to the Traeger Junior...wanted to know if it is even worth spending the cash on that model or just wait a while and maybe get the Daniel Boone or better Traeger model next year with some saving up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Salmonsmoker

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. The Traegers are now made in China and not the quality they used to be. I had concidered it at one time, but did a lot of research and decided on the MAK. I'm in the saving mode right now, and thinking by April I'll drop the hammer.

OneBallBiscuit

Thanks for all the help. With the suggestion of So Cal Smoker...I checked Craigs List and found a retail store about 30 miles away. The store has 1 Lil Texas Elite available. Already built. Only caveat is that it was used on the Today Show as a demo to show how they work in last year's outdoor patio segment. So, never cooked food, just was fired up as a show piece. Perfect. Got a great deal in it too. Thanks for the heads up to check!!!!!

MossyMO

Glad you joined us OneBallBiscuit, welcome to the Pellet smoking forums!
Great to hear you found a pellet grill that fit your budget that you were also comfortable with...

Patrick_CT

Welcome Joe. We need more north East Coast people. Where about in NY. I love in CT and work in NY.
Congrats on the twins!! we are expecting a baby girl at the end of May.

OneBallBiscuit

Over in Carmel NY...I too work in NYC. Just got the grill yesterday. Need to get some pellets. The place I bought the grill had a bag of traeger pellets but they were ruined in the back of the shop, so I have to get my own. Are the BBQ Delight ones much better than Traeger? And if so, I can order them from the Big Poppa link above, right?

Patrick_CT

I actually work in east fishkill ny. Big poppa is good to order from. If u are going to do a bigger order maybe there are a few people around that are interested. Congrats on the smoker.

Chili Head

Welcome Joe! I too am a bradley smoker user. I love it! Honestly it dosent get used much any more..Jerky and sausage is about it.

Top Bottom