Labor Day weekend menu

Wing Commander

Allright, we don't celebrate Labor Day in Germany, at least not this weekend. But I invited some guests yesterday evening and cooked a little menu:

We started with quesadillas.

DSC05159.JPG

DSC05164.JPG

DSC05165.JPG

This was followed by another appetizer: drumette-lollipops, scampi and cherry tomatoes stuffed with mini-mozarella.

DSC05160.JPG

DSC05166.JPG

DSC05167.JPG

DSC05168.JPG

DSC05170.JPG

DSC05175.JPG

Continued...

Wing Commander

DSC05176.JPG

DSC05178.JPG

Next was chicken breast with yoghurt-cucumber-sauce and tabouleh-salad.

DSC05180.JPG

DSC05182.JPG

DSC05186.JPG

Main dish was Jamaican Jerk Pork with rice and corn stuffed tomatoes.

DSC05158.JPG

DSC05161.JPG

DSC05189.JPG

DSC05191.JPG

DSC05193.JPG

Continued...

sparky

holy crap. your been busy. your food looks very good. how'd you do that w/ the chicken legs? like a little chicken pop. i like that. :)

TentHunter

A huge YUM on everything WC. That was a feast and a half!

Nice touch with the red currants as a garnish on that desert plate too!

ACW3

Wow....Great feast WC! Everything looks amazing!

X2!! WC, you always give our eyes some serious "eye candy" to enjoy. Wish we could all be there for a real taste.

Art

Note to self. Add side trip to WC's on next venture to Germany.

Patrick_CT

How did you make the apples? Got a recipe that you used? I am flying into Germany the end of Oct to see family in the Nederlands, which part of Germany are you from?

Wing Commander

I'm from the Saarland, very close to the luxemburgian and the french border.

My recipe for the apple pie was making a dough of 200 g chopped apple, 120 g sugar, 280 g flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, a bit salt, 1 egg, 240 ml milk and 60 ml neutral oil (sorry for metric units). These ingredients were blended and filled together with some white chocolate into the apples. Cooked with applewood pellets at about 350F for about 15-20 minutes. The leftover dough can be used for cupcakes etc.

Top Bottom