Look who stopped by for dinner!

Darwin00537

That poundage is for ONE steak. It was on SUPER sale. I couldn't help myself:cool:

Rubber in BPS Double Secret and doused in Moore's marinade

More to follow...

Darwin00537

Warmed at 225 on the Mak until it hit 115/110 internal ribeye/filet. Sitting in the Mak 2 warmer while coals get hot for the Hasty Bake

On the Hasty Bake for the sear

Temp is 118 but I expect that to rise during the rest to medium rare

Yep! It's medium rare! Served with creamed spinach and grilled portobello mushrooms.

Darwin00537

That Porter looks great. Making me hungry. Never heard of Moores marinade.
Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Moore's marinade is awesome. I've been using Moore's / Dale's since I was a teen in the 80s. They're very similar. Moore's has a bit less salt than Dale's.

Moore

Last edited:

MattBPS

Nice sear!! That MAK and Hasty Bake combo looks like a real winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darwin00537

Nice sear!! That MAK and Hasty Bake combo looks like a real winner!

They really are. I've only just gotten them this year so still learning them. I love the flexibility of being able to slow cook the steak for an hour then immediately take it over to the coals to finish with the sear.

That looks great! I know the Mak wouldn't have gotten as hot as your HB but any reason why you didn't try to sear it on the MAK? I was Just wondering. I'm ready to come over for dinner!

Nice Cook!!

Darwin00537

I know the Mak wouldn't have gotten as hot as your HB but any reason why you didn't try to sear it on the MAK?

Sorry I neglected to respond to this. I use the HB because it gets hotter and because it cooks with radiant heat. Radiant heat sears much, much better than convection.

Darwin00537

WOW!!! I hope you had someone with whom to share that monster!

It looks incredibly good, Darwin!

TH I certainly did. The wife had her share of the ENTIRE filet. OK she gave me half a bite.

I admit I was not able to finish the NY Strip side. That steak kicked my butt. Best butt kicking I ever had though:eek:

TentHunter

TH I certainly did. The wife had her share of the ENTIRE filet. OK she gave me half a bite.

I admit I was not able to finish the NY Strip side. That steak kicked my butt. Best butt kicking I ever had though:eek:

Yeah man, I'll take the strip side over the filet side any day of the week! ;) It's not as tender, but I think it has the better flavor!

Top Bottom