Looking for a Traeger hopper/heater

TMB

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and not sure where to post this but this seemed to be a good spot. My name is Tommy and I want to build a smoker but one problem I need to find a Traeger/MAK style hopper/heater so I can build the smoker of my dreams. I have looked at many smokers and MAK really seems to be a very good one other then the price!! I'm short on $$$$$ for this cooker so decided to try and build one myslf.

If anyone knows or has a hopper they would like to sell please let me know

Thanks,

Tommy (TMB)

HoDeDo

I've built pellet cookers out of just about anything conceivable... Proofing ovens, Rotisserie stick pits, etc. Buy the pit - it will be cheaper, trust me :) Air flow is critical for a pellet burner... so it needs some engineering.

The gravity fed proofing oven cooker was a stroke of genius though.... We cooked 24 butts for Kookers Kare on it with room to spare... with about 14lbs of pellets - no auger, just screens and gravity.

TMB

I've built pellet cookers out of just about anything conceivable... Proofing ovens, Rotisserie stick pits, etc. Buy the pit - it will be cheaper, trust me :) Air flow is critical for a pellet burner... so it needs some engineering.

The gravity fed proofing oven cooker was a stroke of genius though.... We cooked 24 butts for Kookers Kare on it with room to spare... with about 14lbs of pellets - no auger, just screens and gravity.
I'd reqally like to ask you a few questions on the subject. I'll PM you so look for it.

Tommy

Top Bottom