Love the ability of WiFi programing, but it really DOES NEED some updating

mcschlotz

All of these items are directed at the app running on the pc:
- Missing is the ability to set an alarm based upon temp probe.
- Missing is the ability to set it into shut down mode based upon either time or probe temps.
- I would prefer that a toggle could be set to alert you as each step in the program is executed.
- Bug: if you are charting the smoke and disconnect the probe all of the probe chart line disappears - IMO it should stop reporting going forward but RETAIN & DISPLAY the data up until the time the probe was disconnected.
- The bottom timer is based strictly on how long the unit has been on and not from the beginning of a smoke program. An option should be made available to reset it to the beginning of a programmed smoke. I hate having to do math in the middle of smoking and enjoying my beer :p

Matt

mcschlotz

You can reset either of the timers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know that, but when you tell the app to run a smoke program the timer should be automatically reset to the beginning of the program vs having to remember to do it manually.

MAK DADDY

All of these items are directed at the app running on the pc:
- Missing is the ability to set an alarm based upon temp probe.
- Missing is the ability to set it into shut down mode based upon either time or probe temps.
- I would prefer that a toggle could be set to alert you as each step in the program is executed.
- Bug: if you are charting the smoke and disconnect the probe all of the probe chart line disappears - IMO it should stop reporting going forward but RETAIN & DISPLAY the data up until the time the probe was disconnected.
- The bottom timer is based strictly on how long the unit has been on and not from the beginning of a smoke program. An option should be made available to reset it to the beginning of a programmed smoke. I hate having to do math in the middle of smoking and enjoying my beer :p

Matt

- you can set an alarm on the meat probes by clicking on the temp, you can also name the food its plugged into.
- we can't safely have the grill automatically shut off because your food could potentially be in the temperature danger zone.
- the program will alert you at each step of the cooking program by sound (on PC) and text/email (if set up in the profile page).
- we are working on the graph bug for unplugged probes, should be release soon.
- we had it set up that way to begin with but others didn't like it, we did add the time on the cooking program box so you can see how long the program has been running there. you can reset the elapsed time at the bottom whenever you want as well.

Thanks for the feedback and enjoy using MGM.

mcschlotz

Thanks MAK Daddy, didn't know about clicking on the temp to set an alarm. Will definitely do that next time. Suppose there is some legal thing involved with shutting off the smoker, too bad we have to protect ourselves from other users' lack of awareness. Good to hear the bug is being worked on, really hope this get fixed soon.

As far as "others didn't like it", that one leaves me scratching my head. You turn on the smoker and it might be 10-20 minuted before you start to smoke, no problem the way it is IF YOU ARE NOT USING A PROGRAM, but when "run a program" is selected it would make more since to SWAP them putting the cooking program time at the bottom in the LARGER FONT section and the elapsed time in the smaller left hand box relabeling of course. This way a quick glance at the screen (especially for us older guys) shows the program elapsed time. Kind of a solution to cover both sides?

No question, I'm loving my MAK Star 2 !!!!!!

MAK DADDY

Glad you are having fun with the 2 Star :)

The reason others didn't like it is they wanted to track the entire cook time even if they ran multiple cook programs for different foods during the same session and not lose that data.
Basically the point of the elapsed timer is to reset it whenever you want to track something new.
We will kick the idea around of making the cook program timer larger.

mcschlotz

Just checking in to see if the unplugged probe graph bug has been fixed and deployed? Haven't seen any notices of an update to the wifi MGM. It's been a number of months...

MAK DADDY

We are still working on that but have published a bunch of other improvements.
Here is a list of some of the major updates.

1) Recipe page now live!
2) When switching screens you are no longer directed to the "select grill" page, just moves straight back to the control page.
3) Added more room for cooking program step text.
4) Wi-Fi time out moved to 15 minutes to help those with intermittent connections.

Top Bottom