Lumber Jack pellets with the MAK2

smokenovice

Is anyone having any issues with these pellets, regardless how small you may think it is (good or bad)?

Thank you

Big_Jake

I have a 2012 MAK and the # is over 1,000.

I used the "Q Pellets blend" and I personally feel my unit produced less smoke with them compared to the other brands I use.I also feel it was a thicker whiter smoke compared to a thinner light blue smoke.IDK if this is an "issue" or not.It's just what I saw.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yes we have had several issues relating to Lumberjack with the MAKs.....BBQers delight or bear mountain or mak and the best for these units.

Tatonka3A2

No problems running them with our Yoder. Lumberjack has 2 different types of pellets. They offer 100% woods and then the flavored woods that is mixed with Oak. The flavored woods is 40% Hickory and 60% Oak, or 40% Apple and 60% Oak for instance.

If I recall the 100% woods are not recommended with the pellet grills because there is too much ash.... this may or may not be the case. Just what I thought I had seen somewhere online. We have been running the 100% woods and haven't had a problem however we clean out the ash just about after every cook. Decided that cleaning it out after every cook was a good habit to get into :D

Chili Head

I burn lumberjack and BBQ delight in my MAK 2star. I clean it out after every cook though. I haven't had any issues ..the lumber jack seems to smoke more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom