mak 1 star with bull rack system

Rubbin-N-Grubbin

Does anyone have experience with the bull rack system on the mak 1 star general? I would like to get the br6 but don't know height wise if it will fit so I may have to go the br4 route. Any help or info would be greatly apreciated.

TentHunter

I can tell you for sure the BR-6 is too high to fit in the 1 Star. The BR-4 also looks like it will be too high, but I can't say for sure, because they give the tallest dimension as being 7 7/8" at the handle.

I have a set of the Weston 3-Tier Jerky racks and they work perfectly in the 1 Star:

HAMSTX05.JPG

Rubbin-N-Grubbin

Tenthunter....I also have the weston 3 tier racks and I've had them for about 1 year and the coating has started to come off and there getting rust spots all over them. I talked to Matt at MAK today and he told me the br6 should fit OK but now I'm nervous that I'm gonna get it and it won't fit now that you've said that 😕

M in MAK

Hey all,

Here is what I sad to Rubbin-N-Grubbin in our email.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Bull Rack measurements with 6 perforated trays: BR-6
19-1/4" Wide x 13-1/2" Deep x 10-7/8" High (tallest point at handle)
BR-6 = 1,140 sq inches (cooking trays). There may be additional cooking room on the sides depending upon how you place the Bull Rack System into your space.

The 1 Star is 20.5”W x 18.5”D x 12”H
The BR6 is 19.75”W x 13.5”D x 10.8”H

Since the 1 Star has a rolled lid design this seems like it will work with no issues.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After looking at it again it is pretty apparent that I made a mistake.

The 1 Star slopes at the back of the grill. So even with it's apex being high enough to fit the BR6 it will not be high enough in the back of the grill to fit this rack system.

That being said I just measured for the BR4 -- correctly this time -- and it will fit in the 1 Star.

Sorry for the confusion Rubbin-N-Grubbin! Smoke on!

Rubbin-N-Grubbin

Thanks for doing that matt....I'd much rather find out now what will fit and what won't...buying something like this without having it in my hands to test first makes it rough. I apreciate the info Sir!

TentHunter

Yep, the sloped back & sloped front of the lid is what made me wonder if even the BR-4 would fit, so I also measured (before I saw that Matt had done so), Matt is correct; the BR-4 should fit just fine.

If you get one, PLEASE keep us posted on how it works and how you like it. It has my interest now!

Cliff

Last edited:
Top Bottom