MAK 2 Star in season mode

dpom

Just fired the new 1212 for it's first run. season at 450 half hour then on to bacon,then to turkey. Do i need to let it shut down after 450 or just lower the temp and put the bacon on? What temp do you recommend for the bacon?

RickB

Thanks will do.

Are you using full flame zone or blank pan? If your using full flame zone back off on that temp 25 degrees and watch carefully. Eazy to burn it up. I usually cook bacon in a sheet pan with parchment.

Last edited:

dpom

I have all the pans and racks in to season so would be easier to leave them but not that big of deal to remove. What way would be better for the flavor of the bacon?

Chili Head

If you're not in a hurry and are just making bacon I always cook mine on the rack at 260 - 275 depending on outside temperature. I like my bacon done but chewy not dried up and crispy.

dpom

Well decided to lower the temp to 180 to get some smoke on it then put the temp back to 375 might end up to smokey but will deff. take longer. Oh well have the whole weekend to play,and still plenty of time for the turkey today. have pork butt,and kabobs on the firewire scheduled for tomorrow.

dpom

Figured out why it was taking so long to go up to 375, I didn't push the button again after resetting Duh!!

dpom

Ya it was amazing how well it went up after pushing the button. The BLT's were great, just trying to figure how to post the pics.

Top Bottom