MAK Smoked Tri Tip Sandwiches

Casey

Its been a while since I last posted a cook, but I think everyone will like this one pretty well!

My girlfriend and I had another couple over for a little Game of Thrones viewing party on short notice, I figured tri tip would be a perfect fit since its quick to cook and has a ton of flavor. Smoked on the MAK 2 Star at 225 with hickory pellets for about an hour until I hit 135º internal temp. I'll consider doing Oak pellets next time to keep it more traditional, but I don't think the hickory made a negative impact on the flavor.

Seasoned two awesome cuts with nothing but Little Louie's and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes to get them to sweat and let the salt pull in the garlic and pepper.

In the meantime I buttered and pan toasted some french demi baguettes (in hindsight I should have made garlic butter, but time didn't permit.)

Pulled and cut before they were done resting, but everyone was too anxious to wait, still delicious though.

Assembled with a light coat of Swamp Boys Original sauce and two slices of Swiss cheese on the baguettes, color came out perfectly.

i apologize for the blurry plate pic, must have gotten some butter on my iphone lens (bad lighting doesn't help either). We added a side of Jallelujah fries to complete the meal, and those were incredible. All in all one of my favorite cooks so far.

Final thoughts: a french roll like you'd use for a french dip would probably have been preferable to the demi baguettes, it just would have been softer and less filling. Not to mention garlic butter would have added some extra depth to the flavor. Came out excellent anyway, though.

scooter

I think in a pinch you could of sprinkled a bit of Little Louies on the bread. Looked like it worked out anyway. Nice lookin sammy!

Top Bottom