Mak the multi tool

SoDakSmokerGolfer

Thought I would try the "oven feature" on the MAK

Whipping up some cheese muffins ( one of my favs)
View attachment 1589

On the grill... I mean oven
View attachment 1590

A bit of a cool before they are gone
View attachment 1591

They were wonderful.... One would think you would end up with a harsh smoke flavor baking in a smoker but no! Is there any thing you can't cook on this thing? I don't know yet but Ido know it will be fun to find out.

muebe

One thing about a pellet grill like the MAK is the versatility they have.

Since getting my Memphis my other grills and smokers have not been touched. The only thing my gasser has been used for is cleaning the pellet grill parts using high heat!

My wife commented last night the the other equipment is looking very "lonely" ;)

MAK DADDY

Very nice! We bake everything on the MAK it cooks way more even than our oven in the house. When at shows we bake cookies a lot, people can't believe you can do that on a BBQ :)

squirtthecat

Ditto! Since it's been so hot, we don't turn on the house oven. I just use the charcoal pellets for minimal smoke..

Popped in a loaf of zucchini bread last weekend.

IMGP1851.JPG

IMGP1875.JPG

Zephyr

Wow Squirtthecat, lookin Gu,ooo,oood! :p I've got some zucchini, now if I can find a recipe on this sight!

ZEP

Question. I don't have a Mak but want one. If you bake cookies in your Mak, how do you get them to not taste like hickory or what ever wood you are using? Just seems the last thing you would want are Hickory cookies. Just wondering. Not trying to sound rude or ignorant with my question.
Thanks

muebe

Question. I don't have a Mak but want one. If you bake cookies in your Mak, how do you get them to not taste like hickory or what ever wood you are using? Just seems the last thing you would want are Hickory cookies. Just wondering. Not trying to sound rude or ignorant with my question.
Thanks

When baking you are cooking at higher temps (350-400). At that temp there is much less smoke than at the lower temps. And when baking cookies they are in there for a very short time(maybe 10 minutes) depending on the recipe. So the light smoke flavor will probably not be noticeable to most people.

MAK DADDY

Around 300+ degrees the fire is burning so efficient it incinerates the smoke. Think of burning coals vs burning logs. We bake cookies all the time for shows, works better than our oven due to the convection (air/heat flow) on the MAK.

Top Bottom