Mardi Gras King Cake

tbone

So I was thinking, why not bake a king cake on my Traeger?

DSC_1438.jpg

DSC_1441.jpg

DSC_1444.jpg

I'll let y'all know how it tastes after our krewe meeting.

tbone

MossyMO

Very nice; I need to learn to step outside my comfort zone with these pellet burners, thanks for the reminder!

Chili Head

That looks good! I've never heard or seen it before but I would try a piece!

Mossy Mo the pellet burners make great units to bake in.

tbone

Yes, it is traditional to have these during the Mardi Gras season. They are, essentially, a large cinnamon roll. It's a yeast dough, rolled out flat (approx 10 x 17), then you spread melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, roll it up and form a circle (see first pic). I baked it in the Traeger at 350 for 20 mins. WoW oh WoW was it good. Everyone loved the hint of smoke.

Once it's baked, you insert a small plastic baby somewhere in the bottom of the cake. The person who gets the baby has to host the next party. It's really quite fun.

Stepping outside our comfort zone is something we all need to do (and keep doing). Otherwise I'd still be cooking a turkey in my oven. Can you imagine that? :eek:

tbone

SmokinSteiny

That looks great! Also wanted to say that's an amazing looking range you are using there if that's your house I'm jealous! LOL

ACW3

My wife and I were in NOLA a couple of weeks ago. We saw King Cake everywhere. None looked as good as yours!

Art

Top Bottom