Maverick ET-732 Question

bflodan

I have a et-732 that I burned out the probe... I bought 2 replacements from BP but both register at 136 degrees without even in a cook... The grill probe is dead on when its plugged into either port... Did I order the wrong probes. I got the BP super probes that say they work with the ET-73.. Is that different than the ET-732??

Thanks
Dan

squirtthecat

Yes, it is different. The ET-732 probes don't play well with the older Mavericks, and vice versa. (learned that the hard way myself)

5 Hole

We will have the replacement probes for the ET-732 in stock soon, hopefully next week. Maverick just came out with the replacement probes.

Tatonka3A2

Learned that the hard way too - I was having trouble and I called Maverick where we purchased our ET-732... she trouble shooted with me over the phone and came up with I got the probes messed up with my older ET-73. Sure enough, they work fine with the correct probes!! Now I keep each in there own ziplocks so I don't go through that hassle again.

bflodan

Damn, now I have 2 probes that I opened and cant use.... Ohh well, I was gonna ask when I ordered but I didnt.. Serves me right... Thanks for the help... Ill wait for those new ones... At least theres nothing wrong with my therm.. Thats what I was worried about..

scooter

Whats the difference between the 73 and 732 other than 732 costing about twice as much?

I have 2 ET73's then bought a Stoker so haven't invested in a ET732. Here are some of the differences I know of.

The 732 has better signal range.

The transmitter has the on/off switch on the outside versus the inside in the 73. The on/off switch on the 73 is under a cover on the back of the unit where you need to use a finger nail to turn it to release the cover then you need to be careful with the micro on/off switch inside not to break it.

The 732 receiver has a warning when you're out of range of the transmitter. I believe this can also work as a battery life indicator of sorts if your range seems to be decreasing.

The probes on the 732 have greater heat range

Last edited:

Carter13

Contact BPS and tell them about your order. I am sure they would switch those for the 732 without a hitch since they provide absolutely the best customer service bar none. That is why I buy from them.

Top Bottom