Memorial Day Bash

txpgapro

Every year on my wife's birthday, I throw what is known as Katie's Birthday Bash and Memorial Day BBQ. We usually have between 70-100 people at the house. In years past I've done whole hog, 140 pounds of crawfish, and the normal BBQ fare. This year I started by putting 5 pork butts in the MP on Friday evening for a 15 hour cook that used 1 bag of BBQ Delight hickory. Saturday evening started the first 2 of 5 briskets. Another bag gone. Sunday morning started the
next 2 briskets. Finished them, 1 more bag gone, and started the final brisket. Took it off at 4, and threw on 4 jars of bacon wrapped pickled watermelon rind for the appetizers. Finished with 25 pounds of grilled rope sausage. The guests bring the sides and their coolers. Great feast! The MP went 3 straight days without a hiccup. I'm back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rip

Congrats TX, sounds like your MP got an in depth post maintenance shakedown! Happy Birthday to your wife...(assuming there's just one, but you did say "wives" not "wife's" :) )

Big Poppa

Administrator
wimp

hahahahaha Lets see picks

I also an coming out of my shots especially with the driver....has something to do with getting stuck on my right side. Help!

txpgapro

You get so busy cooking and watching your schedule it's easy to forget the picture taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom