My 1st smoke on the Mak 1, Butt

dono

A windy day in NH on Sunday. Started a 5lb Boston Butt at 8:30am. Plenty of smoke, I think it was related to the outside temp 30F, plently of pellets consumed, eventually reached 50F outside. For 11hrs. reached 178F, getting dark outside, finished in oven at 270F for an hour, internal temp 198F . Here are the results. Very pleased, great smoke ring and flavor.

I coated the Butt with Sriracha and added a "Memphis" rub I have been making for a while, using Penzeys spices. Did a "set it and forget it" at 235F to adjust for the wind knocking down my grill temp.

dono

Little heat from the Sriracha as compared to the heat straight from the bottle, the flavor remained also added some color. I used a thin coat of Sriracha. It was very tender and moist. No issues probing with thermometer.

M in MAK

Little heat from the Sriracha as compared to the heat straight from the bottle, the flavor remained also added some color. I used a thin coat of Sriracha. It was very tender and moist. No issues probing with thermometer.

Great looking pork duno! I'm definitely going to try a layer Sriracha for my next cook.

Top Bottom