My name is BamaSmoker and I am a pellet smoker.

BamaSmoker

Hello everyone,

BamaSmoker here. I am kinda new to pellet smoking and forums so please bear with me. I enjoy reading reviews, tips, tricks, ideas and especially recipes.
I have a Rec Tec pellet grill and before that I had a Char-Griller offset and a small Brinkman water smoker. Been smoking for about 5 years but plan on really picking up the pace now that I have the Rec Tec.
Looking forward to talking with you guys and gals.;)

dnew

Welcome! You have found a very good site for receipes and advice. Lots of experience here with folks that like to share. Enjoy!

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum Bama. You've come to the right place, lots of great cooks here that love to share. Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks and insights. Good luck and good smoking.

rdpchef

Hi BamaSmoker, How do you like the Rec Tec? It was one of my two top choices after 3 months of agonizing over which pellet smoker to buy. I went with the Mak but I love that Rec Tec. Looking forward to hearing about your smoking fun on it.
rdpchef

RickB

Welcome from Atlanta Bama. Lived in Huntsville in the mid sixties. Went to Butler High for a year.

TentHunter

Hey welcome to the forum, from NE Ohio.

Be sure to grab some shots of your new Rec-Tec in action and share them with us!

BamaSmoker

I love it. I have smoked brisket, pork butt, salmon, chicken, pizza, ABT's, stuffed portablo mushrooms, stuffed green peppers, steaks, burgers and bread. It has made smoking so much more enjoyable with the ability to set the temp and it maintain it for 12-14 hours without more than 1-2 degree variance. Everything has come out great, although sometimes I got a little carried away with the rubs and stuff. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how on this site.

BamaSmoker

Butler is still here. Not doing very well but the doors are still open. How did you like your time in Huntsville? I image alot has changed since the 60's. We have lived here since the early 80's and it has changed a great deal since we first moved here. Do you ever come over for a visit? I see that you now live in Atlanta.

Top Bottom