My name is Brian and I will soon be a pellet smoker.

briandmiles

Just placed my order yesterday for a Mak 2 Star. Can't wait until it arrives. I've got to say that although the ordering process was a little bumpy the folks at Big Poppa Smokers did everything they could to accommodate my requests. It seems that even in 2016 computer systems don't always do things the way we want.

I'm hoping (but not expecting) it will be here before fathers day so I can have a good sized chunk of smoked meat to share with the loved ones. Any suggestions for a first smoke? I've never done this before?

Thanks,

Brian

BBQJUDGE

Congrats! You will love it.

I would say pulled pork is the easiest for a first cook. It's hard to mess it up too bad. It's also a good sized chunk of meat!

briandmiles

So the grill arrived in less than a week...so much for the lead time warning I had to sign off on! :D I've got it all assembled and burned in and am waiting for the weekend to do the first cook. Unfortunately my fathers day cook will have to be postponed but, thanks to this site, I've been introduced to a previously unknown food group. The fatty! So I'll be cooking one up tomorrow morning. Here is the plan: Sage sausage, maple bacon, hash browns and eggs. Not too exotic but I'm pretty sure even my 7yr old daughter will eat it.

Wish me luck!

ShellyBPS

Administrator
I am glad it arrived in good shape! You were a pleasure (even though we had that minor set back). Post some pictures of that beauty!

Top Bottom